How to Make Your Wedding Less Stressful
Because your wedding day is the most important day of your life, it’s also the most stressful. You want to make it perfect, a day to remember – for all the right reasons. Because you’re trying so hard to make it the perfect day, you’re bound to feel the pressure, but what can you do? Today, we’re going to be talking about how you can make the planning of your special day less stressful. We’re here to help you make the entire journey as smooth as possible.
Let Pretty White, the wedding planners for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Lothian’s, help you to have a stress-free wedding
1) Once you’ve had time to allow the moment to sink in - you’re now engaged and how great is that?’, you can start to tentatively plan your future together. Don’t rush it, don’t try to do everything at once. Take your time. Before everything else, get the most important things done first, that’s the wedding date, the venue and the photographer. It’s vital to book in advance because most places have long waiting lists, and you don’t want to leave it until the last minute and be disappointed. Once you’ve got all this done you can begin to enjoy the rest of it at your own pace.
2) Create a list. Create a list of everything you want and what you need to do for the process to go smoothly. After you’ve got the wedding date, venue and photographer out of the way, think about the dress, decorations, bridesmaids, and a time period for which you have to do it in. Once you have a schedule in place you’ll be more proactive in your planning and feel lot calmer as a result.
3) Set your budget and stick to it. What can you afford to spend on your wedding? You need to set a budget and stick to it like glue. Then you need to decide between who in your family will be paying for it, if it’s just the two of you, then create a wedding savings account and don’t touch it except to put money in.
4) Manage your expectations and that of everyone else’s. Yes, everyone will have an opinion including your family and friends. They’ll be arguing about who should be invited and who shouldn’t. It can be overwhelming, and a temptation to give in to their demands.
Avoid this by setting expectations from the start. Make sure you make it clear to all what it is you’re going to have for your wedding and by telling them all at the beginning, you’ll be setting the standard and making sure there’s no room for disappointment.
5) Keep in mind that no matter how well you plan the day, set the day, book the venue and the photographer, let people know what’s happening – there will still be some stress. This is perfectly normal. Managing your stress and anxiety will help you to cope better. Take some time out occasionally and do something you love, that may be exercising, dancing, going to a concert, whatever it is, do it and it’ll help you relax.
Pretty White – Stylish Wedding Services in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Lothians.
We have so much experience in planning wedding services that we have an envious level of knowledge and expertise. If you feel like you’re drowning then don’t, we’re here to listen, advice, guide and cater to your every need. Weddings have never been so stress-free. Get in touch today.